Thursday, September 2, 2010

Everybody Swears

So many thoughts.
We need change within the people,
A game begins in my mind, the moment I see you.

It's in my nature to be vulnerable and expressive,
However, when I see you I retract and repress it.

Because life taught me how,

No reverence for human life, now.

I wouldn't say its that extreme,
I dream that love is everything the songs make it seem.

After which, I wonder if its all in our minds,
Fire burns on the frozen tundra that's inside.

Egos perpetuate,
Pride causing civil war,

Child support bombs blazing,
Daddy called Mommy "whore".

Or "slut-tramp-bitch",
"How the hell she gone tell my son that I aint shit?"

We see what we want,
It seems like it never ends,

But everybody swears they know what love is...

1 comment:

  1. I think money and lust blinds a lot of people from seeing what love truly is.

    ReplyDelete