Monday, June 20, 2011

The Smell of Her Hair

Light sleep, vibrating alarm rings.
She turns over, rubs my face.
"Will you stay with me?"

Why argue?
Reach out and hold-in-darkness just a little longer,

She holds my hand and breathes,

Then my thoughts begin to wander,

This is good cause she loves me now,
Just wants to be held, and told shes loved aloud.

I laugh to myself, cause she blind that,
She uses me.
I wish I could trust you, your,
Discontent abuses me.

Only concerned with power and control,
Insecure,
"Everyone should love me!"
But she knows they don't,

Maybe I judge you to protect myself...
Maybe I know when you leave me,
There will be somebody else.

I need this to be exclusive.
Why am I attracted to someone that's so elusive?

You're all I want when you're actually there,
But when you're gone you don't even care,
You can't be thinking about me...
When you're lying there,
And in some other man's eyes you stare,

Intellectual,
Expressive 'specially emotionally,
Warm to the touch, damn near nurturing.

Girl tryna save a world she knows she can't.
Just like I want to save a girl I know I can't.

Maybe I need to learn to let it be,
Cause she's breathing quiet, still lying here with me.

The smell of her hair, breathing in the moment,
She's here now.
So don't worry, I'm on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment