Monday, May 2, 2011

Green Monster

I hate.
How the abundance or absence of money,
Affects my psyche.

People say money doesn't matter,

I wish it truly didn't.

But we all agree that it does.

Because that's all money is,
An agreement,
Symbolized by paper.

Physical representation of an idea,

Idea of worth, and barter...

Idea of trade,
Of ego,
Which elicits emotions.

Emotions of worthlessness,
Or pride,
Greed and fear,

But money is our scapegoat.

"Lets all blame the dollar,
Like we blame guns for killing people,

Like we blame plates for making us fat..."

We shall rally against the evils of the dollar!

The truth is:

We are the dollar.

Everything we have made the dollar to be,

Started first, with "you and me",

The evil, the good...

The wont and the should,

The Savior and Satan,
The love we now hate and,
The children we'll never see.

It all came to be,
From the good and bad greens,
The colors we perceive,
Within you,

And me.

No comments:

Post a Comment