Monday, May 2, 2011

All I Know As Truth

What shall I believe in?

What truth rings true to me?
What shall I hold in my heart?
What runs like blood within me?

I ponder all these systems,
Religions, laws, and wars,
They've never worked for me,
Just a forest blocked by doors.

But no building.

So I ask why?

Where is that special feeling?
Not here, why should I lie?

I've paid my dues,
I've sought to search,

I came to find the truth,

But all I found were men behind the curtain,
With shiny suits,

Saying, 'don't tell,
But who would ever believe you?

What we do is real,
It is you, that we can see through.'

So in my solitude I ask,
'What's real and what's for sale?'

I dream that reality will kindly,
Riddle me the tale.

All I know as truth,

Is what I see and express,
Respect for other visions has been my,
Earthly test,

All I've known and see,
Added color to my canvas true,
Appreciate my own Masterpiece,
Is what I'll learn to do,

I'll listen to my own music,
My answers reverberate inside,
And lift my voice for my song,
To sing 'I am alive'

No comments:

Post a Comment